Former professional singer, 35, launches bed linen brand made from eucalyptus during COVID-19 – and makes $30,000 in the first six weeks
- Mother-of-two Shereen Huber, 35, launched Touche in early February 2020
- Despite the coronavirus hitting Australia, the brand made $30k in six weeks
- Based in Perth, Shereen truly believes in the power of eucalyptus for sleep
- Each piece of linen is made from eucalyptus fabric which is moisture-wicking
- The pillowcases are ideal for those who live in a humid climate or are ‘warm’
- Here’s how to help people impacted by Covid-19
Founder of Touche, Shereen Huber
A mother-of-two and former professional singer has branched out into the bed linen business with a range of sheets and pillowcases made out of eucalyptus.
But with millions of people working from home and government policy insisting everyone ‘stay home’, she had accidentally created a lifeline – and made $30,000 in the first six weeks.
‘The idea was born out of wanting to help people with trouble sleeping as well as finding a fabric that was sustainable and environmentally friendly,’ Shereen, who is based in Perth, told FEMAIL.
‘In this day and age, we are all so time-poor juggling numerous commitments and careers which inevitably put a massive strain on our physical and mental wellbeing.’
Shereen felt like sleep was getting ‘neglected’, despite it lifting our overall mood, helping maintain our metabolism and skin health, so she developed sheets ($249.95) and pillowcases ($69.95) made out of eucalyptus.
Usually only associated with koalas in Australia, eucalyptus doesn’t require the use of chemicals or pesticides to produce, unlike most cottons.
Shereen felt like sleep was getting ‘neglected’, despite it lifting our overall mood, helping maintain our metabolism and skin health
Shereen developed sheets ($249.95) and pillowcases ($69.95) made out of eucalyptus
The fabric is also compostable, biodegradable and vegan friendly – unlike silk.
It is more durable and naturally antibacterial, meaning it will maintain the condition of your skin and hair as well.
Touche has already sold out of its pillowcases three times since launching, proving its popularity with the public.
Why choose eucalyptus bed linen?
* The fibres of Eucalyptus fabric are hydrophilic, which means water loving. In terms of bedding, this means they move water particles away from the body. They’re far less likely to become mildewed and smell off. Eucalyptus bedding likely needs less frequent washing than cotton.
* These hydrophilic fibres also mean far less sweat will collect between the body and the bed sheets, making Eucalyptus an ideal choice for hot sleepers or those in more humid countries.
* Eucalyptus bedding lasts a long time before needing to be replaced. They wash well without become flimsy, thin or misshapen over time.
* Sheets and pillowcases are usually constructed using sateen weave. This means the surface fibres of the sheet are longer, and thus the sheets feel very smooth and luxurious to the touch.
Touche has already sold out of its pillowcases three times since launching, proving its popularity with the public
‘Our most popular product is our pillowcase. Our customer feedback has been overwhelmingly positive with people coming back to buy more for family and friends,’ Shereen said.
Ultimately Shereen would like to expand the bedding range with the introduction of an anti-ageing ‘sleep serum’.
‘The serum aims to aid in anti-ageing and collagen production while at the same time preparing the body and mind for rest and relaxation, easing tension and anxiety,’ Shereen said.